(NOTE: American Bladesmith Society DVDs are NOT Hollywood productions and some titles do not have DVD case art. They do offer the highest level of instruction by ABS Mastersmiths for serious knifemakers and bladesmiths)
ABS Master Smith Kevin Cashen who is a highly regarded authority within the ABS on metallurgy lectures on the principles of heat treating a knife.
During the demonstrations Kevin Cashen takes you through all of the steps and uses the tools needed to heat treat a knife.
This DVD was filmed during the Mid America Bladesmithing Exposition held in
This DVD contains the following Chapters:
1) Discussing “Quenching Fluids”
2) Forged Blade Heat Treating (HT)
3) Hamon HT Line & Clay Technique
4) Shrouded Coal Forge HT Technique
5) "Snap" Temper & Blade Elasticity
6) "Second" 1095 HT & Normalizing Blades
7) Metallurgy Concepts "Chalk Talk"
8) Tempering HOW & WHY; and Questions