The U.S. M1911/1911A1 Pistols by Jerry Kuhnhausen is Volume II in the M1911 Series.
This book is filled with incredibly crisp, clear, cutaway drawings, exploded views, how-to pictographs, and photos; complimented by very readable, detailed text, dimensioned close ups of all the components and valuable tricks of the trade.
If you want to understand the 1911, how it functions, what causes it to malfunction and how to fix it, you must have this gun book.
The U.S. M1911/1911A1 Pistols includes what are probably the best set of instructions for fitting a custom barrel available to date. Jerry Kuhnhausen illustrates how to fit parts to the proper dimensions and install them correctly – a must whether you’re building duty guns or match winners. Even the index is well laid out and useful. An excellent reference work and practical how-to manual.
A few of the highlights from this incredible gunsmithing book:
- Basic M1911 & M1911A1 Pistol design & operating theory
- M1911 design safety features
- Fully detailed and illustrated basic design function and cycle of operation section
- Bench function checks and disassembly/reassembly
- Full parts visual inspection data
- Full parts dimensional inspection data with-
- all critical ordnance parts dimensional specifications (the only M1911&A1 specs there ever were)
- Ordnance specified steels and specified parts hardness
- Basic tool and inspection gauge data
- Correct barrel and parts fit, including correct static and dynamic barrel clearance
- Building/assembling standard and improved performance M1911/M1911A1 Pistols
- Building/assembling accurized & optimum performance competition grade M1911’s
And a whole lot more…
With Kuhnhausen’s original Volume 1 and the new Volume 2 you have in hand more practical M1911 info & tech data than ever before published in the entire history of the U.S. M1911 & M1911A1 Pistols!
Expanded edition – 207 pages with plastic laminated soft cover, 100s of photos and illustrations.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Almost every gunsmith, professional or amateur, has heard the name Jerry Kuhnhausen. For over 40 years, he’s been known as one of the best gunsmiths in the United States. For the past 20 years or so, Jerry’s been living in Idaho where he spends much of his time writing and publishing gunsmithing books. He has written 24 shop manuals and is an NRA life member.
Click here to check out all of Jerry Kuhnhausen Gun Books and Gun Videos