(NOTE: American Bladesmith Society DVDs are NOT Hollywood productions and some titles do not have DVD case art. They do offer the highest level of instruction by ABS Mastersmiths for serious knifemakers and bladesmiths)
ABS Master Smith Kevin Cashen is a highly regarded authority within the ABS on metallurgy. In this video Kevin Cashen takes you through all of the steps used in grinding a knife.
This DVD was filmed during the Mid America Bladesmithing Exposition held in
This DVD contains the following Chapters:
1) Work Rest and Freehand Grinding
2) Grinding Belts "Do’s and Don’ts"
3) Scale removal and Grinding Plan
4) Clear Scale and Profiling the Blade
5) Threaded Tang and Grind Freehand
6) Work Rest Grinding
7) Blade Centerline and Plunge Line
8) Transition Issues – Handle/Guard/Ricasso